Sunday Sevens #18

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Congrats to Natalie at Threads and Bobbins for completing a whole year of Sunday Sevens!  Quite an achievement and such a fun weekly series.

I had many good intentions this week...like posting my Delphine skirt...but I did not seem to find the time for my hubby to take pictures.  Then, there were soccer try-outs.  In the middle of the week, we received some sad news that a professor emeritus from my university was sick and then on Friday he passed away.  He had the office across the hall from me for my first four years at my university.   Needless to say, I am grateful for knowing him and all his support and encouragement when I began as a professor.  He will always be remembered for his humor, wit, and love of geology.

1.  My building on campus got a spiffy new sign.
2.  Late at night for what feels like 15-mintue spurts, I have been working on Simplicity 1801 with a gorgeous Art Gallery Voile.  
3. I got a Fitbit.  Now I am a little obsessed with knowing how many steps I take a day.
4.  Our dog Milo celebrated his eleventh birthday.  Cupcakes are obligatory.
5.  Puppy training class. Chewie is a rascal! Hope this goes well....
6.  Our home is surrounded by tall old trees.  With storm season approaching, the tree trimmers were called to take off weight above the house.
7.  Celebrating my colleague's life with friends, pipes, and scotch.  I think he would approve.


xx

 photo sig_zpsbfkxh0ji.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
COMMENT ME: »

Leave a Reply

I love to hear what you think -- it makes my day! I will try to respond to each of them.

Annie