Sunday Sevens #13

Sunday, July 19, 2015

I ended the week on a good note: teaching a friend how to sew.  She wants to sew her daughter an outfit for her first birthday.  Because she is brand new to sewing, we worked on sewing a simple elastic skirt.  It was so small and cute!  This was my first time sewing all week since I spent a portion of the week in the great state of Texas visiting my in-laws.  Here is my round-up:

1.  Snapped this picture when we just crossed over into Texas on our way to my in-laws.  A quick three-hour drive and we were there.
2.  We are under a heat advisory (and will be for some time -- no rain in sight and temperatures feel around 110F).  What better way to cool off than eating gelato.
3.  The All-Star baseball game was in my hometown of Cincinnati this year!  I was in Texas watching it, wishing I was there.
4. We visited a Lego art exhibit that featured the work of Nathan Swaya.  It was ah-mazing.  Very cool to see how creative you can get with Legos.  My son was immediately inspired.
5.   Date night at a fundraiser for the local public radio station which featured craft beers from around the area.  I wore my polka-dot Simplicity 2444 to beat the oppressive heat and sampled some good brews.
6.   The weekend featured a bbq with giant Jenga!  It was so. much. fun. Giant Jenga!!
7.   Afternoon science fun with Jules and a friend.  Volcano style.  The boys couldn't resist making it erupt...over and over and over again.  At least it was on the patio where it was easy to clean up!

Sunday Sevens is the brain child of Natalie at Threads and Bobbins.  The idea is that each week you may not have enough for a full blog post but you do have interesting stories or pictures to blog.  Capture seven things and share!  It is also a great way to get to know bloggers better.   Come on, what are you waiting for?  Join in!

 photo sig_zpsbfkxh0ji.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
9 Comments »

9 Responses to “Sunday Sevens #13”

  1. You look lovely in your new dress :). Love the lego - that would have been a great exhibition. I guess you also have high humidity down where you live - very oppressive at high temperature. The highest temperatures I have had to swelter through have been 47-48 degrees! That was hot, often had to do 43.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking Lego exhibit. I found London temperatures too much so guess I wouldn't cope with yours, even with a fantastic dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking Lego exhibit. I found London temperatures too much so guess I wouldn't cope with yours, even with a fantastic dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking Lego exhibit. I found London temperatures too much so guess I wouldn't cope with yours, even with a fantastic dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun exhibit! I still cannot cope with the heat here!

      Delete
  5. I love that polka dot dress! And Giant Jenga!!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and it was a ton of fun and laughs.

      Delete
  6. That Lego looks incredible! What a fantastic exhibit to visit! How fun are those volcanoes - I can imagine how much the kids enjoyed it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boys always like to get dirty -- at least it was science!

      Delete

I love to hear what you think -- it makes my day! I will try to respond to each of them.

Annie