Sunday Sevens #5 (#36 on T&B)

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday Sevens is the brain child of Natalie at Threads and Bobbins.  The idea is that each week you may not have enough for a full blog post but you do have interesting stories or pictures to share.  Capture seven things and share! 

1.  Of course, I have been participating in Me Made May on Instagram.  Today was my first repeat as it was hot at the ball field (Hudson pants are amazing...think I will need another cropped pair!).  I have to admit that I am self-conscious about documenting what I wear everyday. Feels frivolous at times but it does make me reflect on what I am sewing.

2.  My son's glasses and contacts came.  After running all over town, I was exhausted and caved....   he asked for Popeye's Chicken for the first time (For those that are not in the US, it is a Louisiana fast food chain that specializes in spicy fried chicken with biscuits).  It was 'Meh' but I can tick it off my list and people in Louisiana won't lookout me funny anymore since now I can say I tried it!

3.  I got happy mail.  My sister-in-law who is from Germany sent me German fruit teas (I love, love, love tea!) and a little treat to sew.    
4.  Family from California were passing through town.  We visited Duck Commander (another Louisiana thing I can tick off my Louisiana bucket list).
5.  ...and had a good dinner with great wine.
6.  I made gluten-free brownies.  I was skeptical but they were delicious!
7.  We travelled to Natchitoches (where Steel Magnolias was filmed) for a baseball tournament.  We walked the oldest cobbled street in Louisiana and saw the Roque House.

Wonder what this week will bring....

Happy Stitching!

 photo sig_zpsbfkxh0ji.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
5 Comments »

5 Responses to “Sunday Sevens #5 (#36 on T&B)”

  1. Great idea for blog post :) and if you ever need English tea just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My middle(of three) daughters has coeliac disease, only found in her 20s. She lives away but when she visits I go gluten free. Mainly affects bread, cakes etc but it's amazing where gluten is hiding! Some of the things I make are gorgeous but others distinctly not so. Fortunately she's never liked pastry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My middle(of three) daughters has coeliac disease, only found in her 20s. She lives away but when she visits I go gluten free. Mainly affects bread, cakes etc but it's amazing where gluten is hiding! Some of the things I make are gorgeous but others distinctly not so. Fortunately she's never liked pastry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tea too! and always bring loads with me when visiting the US just incase... haha - again if you are in need of some random flavours drop me a pm :-) I also second how amazing gluten free brownies are! We have an amazing cafe a few miles away which makes the most delicious gluten free cake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like you, a bit self conscious about photos - and my may this year is not worth photographing in any case :). Love the look of that cake - some of the gluten fee goodies are so sticky and gooey - lovely, especially with tea (which I love too!). Yes, the bucket list in strange places - things you do that you wouldn't otherwise...an air of detachment and observation often works - probably suits a scientist!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think -- it makes my day! I will try to respond to each of them.

Annie