Sunday Sevens #1 (Week #32 on T&B)

Sunday, April 19, 2015

The lovely Natalie from Threads and Bobbins started a weekly series a while ago called Sunday Sevens.  The short sweet synopsis aims to capture your week in a series of seven pictures and brief descriptions.  Sometimes swamped chicas like moi do not always have enough for a full blown blog post.   I have followed her series and other bloggers who participate in this for a while.  I find it fascinating -- capturing simple pleasures or moments.

Drumroll.....I am taking the leap and starting to catalog my week.
Hold the seam ripper but this is going to be challenging.  Most days (who am I kidding!?!, it's an everyday kind of thing) I need to be reminded of meetings, lectures, or due dates with a complicated calendar attached to an alarm on my phone.  I am also quite crap at taking pictures on my phone.  Ohh, I like the thrill -- hope I can get organized to keep up.

SS#1:

1.  Rain and more rain.  A view from my office.
2. Baseball practice and then scrubbing the dirt and grass stains from my son's practice uniform.
3. Margarita.  Good mid-week treat. Need I say more?
4. Senior awards ceremony for my students.  I was bummed the reception did not include cake.  I guess cookies are alright but cake is better.
5. I finished the week out by making soy Buckeyes to surprise my husband and son.  Buckeyes are a soy butter fudge covered in chocolate.  But the chocolate didn't temper right (something told me when I was at the grocery to pick up a fresh bag of chocolate chips -- I didn't listen) so we were left with petite bites of soy fudge sans the chocolate.

6.  I put together the Mathilda pants by Spit Up and Stilettos (This is a free pattern by the way...).  I went to cut my fabric and found this on the inside (mind you I had washed and dried it without knowledge of this....):
Urrrgggghhh -- permanent marker.  Change of plans -- these will be a test pair of leggings in ITY.

7.  Signed up for Me-Made-May 15.   I will do a weekly recap during Sunday Sevens (That is my hope).  I'll make it official here:
'I, Annie from The Enantiomer Project, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '15. I endeavour to wear at least 3 handmade garments each week for the duration of May 2015'

Further, I have some finished garments to share.  Severe weather is forecasted for today...and I plan on sewing.

 photo sig_zpsbfkxh0ji.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
7 Comments »

7 Responses to “Sunday Sevens #1 (Week #32 on T&B)”

  1. Lol what a hoot - love the ethos behind this Sunday Sevens idea - lovely to see that your week is jam packed mad - make me feel human xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Sunday Sevens before; not sure my life is exciting enough for that. Pity about the markings. Last year I thought I might make Me Made May this year but I still done have enough to even think about it. Maybe next year! Looking forward to seeing your makes - and more Sunday Sevens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of Sunday Sevens before; not sure my life is exciting enough for that. Pity about the markings. Last year I thought I might make Me Made May this year but I still done have enough to even think about it. Maybe next year! Looking forward to seeing your makes - and more Sunday Sevens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too bad about the permanent marker. Lame! We love buckeyes! Made out of peanut butter, though. I've never tried soy butter but I bet it is good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't do peanut butter in our house -- peanut allergy! :( Soy butter is just as wonderful.

      Delete

I love to hear what you think -- it makes my day! I will try to respond to each of them.

Annie