I'd Like to Know What I am Celebrating

Monday, April 6, 2015

...Before I Put On the Party Hat.

Hola!  Long time, eh?  My lucky-duck of a hubby has been out of the country for work.  For the past two weeks, I have been carefully performing the high-wire circus act of balancing work, my son, travel baseball and life.  My sewjo fizzled to empty and I am trying to recover.  I bought new fabric -- didn't seem to help; I looked through patterns -- uninspired; I caught up on my Bloglovin entries (sorry if I didn't comment  -- 200 entries is overwhelming! -- I did read lots a splendid new garments) -- now I am thinking I want to make something.  Something easy.  Something springy.  After Easter dinner was in the oven, I spent the afternoon sewing.

Experiment:
Jocole Wideleg Pants
Size: XS

Materials:
White Cotton Lycra (~1/2 yard)
Floral Cotton-linen Blend (~ 2 yards)
White serger thread
Light Gray thread

Procedure:
If you have not experienced a Jocole pattern, then let me tell you a little secret -- they are fabulous. Jocole patterns are known for their ease.  Everything from putting the pdf pattern together to construction.   These patterns are a snap, crackle, and pop away from being cut to finished.  And afternoon for pants!?!?  Score!
After trolling Pinterest, I was determined to make a pair of wide leg floral pants for spring.  Floaty, floral, and exuding spring to match the pollen and buds that seem to be everywhere!  Pants seem to be my nemesis because of fit issues.  The Jocole wide legs resolve two of my issues: wonky waistband and bum issues.
These are extra comfy.  Probably due to the yoga waistband.  While I love these, the yoga waistband limits what I can wear with it.  Or maybe I am not adventurous enough.  Regardless, I have one white shirt that seems to pair nicely with the pants for a resort kind of vibe.  I just need a wide brimmed hat and a cocktail.  :)
My son and I read a lot of the 39 Clues books these past couple of weeks -- hence the blog title --  its a quote from one of the books.  With travel baseball we do a lot of driving to tournaments and practices, so we listen to audio books to pass the time.  This has been a big highlight of traveling...I would be amiss to not mention the fabric shops (wink, wink!).  I am sharing on Gray All Day's Sew it Chic in a Week!.

 photo sig_zpsbfkxh0ji.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
24 Comments »

24 Responses to “I'd Like to Know What I am Celebrating ”

  1. These are total fab-a-rooney; think pants are my nemesis hence the lack of makes.... hmm you may have sorted that one for me. Pretty pretty fabric :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are total fab-a-rooney; think pants are my nemesis hence the lack of makes.... hmm you may have sorted that one for me. Pretty pretty fabric :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to tackle proper pants. But I am making my way through easy patterns to understand what I need to do to achieve a fab fit.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad your sewjo is back! I'm struggling with pants at present - pity this style wouldn't suit me! I wondered where the title came from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sewjo is so erratic sometimes but I am glad its back!

      Delete
  4. Cute pants! Love the floral and wide leg pants is perfect for spring :) Glad you are back, Annie. I miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hana -- I loved the bunnies you made. So sweet for Easter! Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. Such an amazing look! Love the trousers and the fabric is perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geez! Thanks -- you know how to make a woman blush!

      Delete
  6. Loving the print! I'm alsocurrently facing my fear of trousers/pants at the moment - these are so breezy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pants -- why are you so hard?? It seems silly but pants should be easy.

      Delete
  7. Who doesn't want easy, comfy fabulous fit-free afternoon pants? That's a total win!
    Fabric is perfect, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pants! The floral is perfect for spring. These look so comfy and being able to get these sewn in an afternoon is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall and spring are my favorite seasons -- mild bbq weather!

      Delete
  9. Those are cute! I love the print. And it's so nice when you can finish a project in a day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too -- a total sewjo booster shot!

      Delete
  10. Now all you need is the holiday at the resort...

    Understandable about the mojo - we only have so much fizzle to get through a day, and oftentimes it just runs out. Of course, those are also the times we don't get around to topping up the fizzle - which we all need. A nasty vicious circle. I've got a bit of it here at the moment.

    The pants are gorgeous. Something quick and simple and successful straight away was just what you needed. Learning the basics before starting tailored pants or jeans is a good idea - you can sort of circle your quarry for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S.you aren't using disquis. I thought about using it, but then wondered if it would put some people off commenting.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sarah Liz -- I gave up Disquis when my new blog went all wonky on me. Something about compatibility. I'll just stick to the tried and true method.

      I hope your semester is off to a good start!

      Delete
    3. Sometimes it's the best way - no need to complicate life further than necessary.

      We are five weeks in now - first assignments submitted..hooray.

      Delete
  11. Lovely summer pants - looks like a good pattern. I can see what you mean about the yoga waistband, but otherwise they are very elegant. I've been playing around with the True Bias Hudson pants pattern - pretty easy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong, I really like the ease of the yoga waistband, however, I cannot tuck into the shirt and I need tunic length shirts to go with...I guess I will have to make some tops!

      Delete
  12. I love the white tunic with these pants. Boho chic!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think -- it makes my day! I will try to respond to each of them.

Annie