Seven Billion in the World Baby

Friday, March 6, 2015

...and I only wanna be with you...Its an ear worm stuck in my head.  But it is my own doing since I have been singing Mat Kearney's Billion song non-stop.  His new album came out last week -- perfect upbeat, slightly different, sing-out-loud sew music.  Northern Louisiana got more snow --yippee, I got a sew day!  Good thing because my sewjo has been pulsating and I seem to have cut so many projects.  I was also lucky enough to test a pattern from KZJOstudio.  I should disclose that I was given this pattern to test for free but I am honest kind of gal so that is reflected in my review.

Experiment:
Rosaline Shirt
View A
Size: 2

Materials:
2 yards red ponte de roma knit
Clear elastic to stabilize shoulders
Mettler Red Thread

Procedure:
A pattern that is versatile is such a score.  Kaysie designed the Rosaline to be so versatile.  It can be a dress or a top, it has two different neckline options, and a variety of sleeve options.  It is a choose-your-own-adventure kind of top.  I tested View A which is a scoop neck shirt and I opted for long sleeves with cuffs.  It has been uncharateristically cold in these parts and that probably influenced my decision.  Maybe I should be longing for spring and the warmer weather will arrive!
I went with size two based on my measurements but I should have probably gone with size zero.  The  pattern is also long so check the sleeve and shirt length.  I ended up removing two inches from the shirt so that it was at my optimal length.  The sleeves were a tad long but I don't mind -- I kind of dig the scrunchy effect.
The red was strategically chosen.   My son is on a travel baseball team (my weekend sewing is going to be limited once the season starts but hopefully, there will be fabric stores in new cities!) and their colors are navy and red.  I plan to have their logo embroidered on the shirt (if I can ever make to the sports shop -- its been one of those weeks where everything I plan seems to morph into something else at the last possible nanosecond).  Handmade team attire to cheer him on!  This pattern is designed for stable knits which is a score for the beginner who has a fear of knits (oh wait, I remember that feeling -- don't be scared!).  There are great instructions which guide you from beginning to end including the trickiest parts (attaching the neckband or setting sleeves for beginners).
So seven billion in the world and this chica is rocking the Rosaline in the ice (Hardcore, oh and it was right at freezing! What I do for blog pictures! :)  ).  I need warmer weather and a margarita.  The Rosaline and other fantastic patterns are available at Kaysie's blog/store.

In other sewing news, the lovely, funny Amanda from Wear-A-Wyatt is launching The Sewcial Studio.  She has some scrumptious fabrics and they are on sale through March 31st!  Fabric on sale -- Mr. Chemist is going to sigh. Check it out here.


 photo sig_zpsbfkxh0ji.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
17 Comments »

17 Responses to “Seven Billion in the World Baby”

  1. That's a lovely shirt, Annie. You chose a great color and it suits you beautifully. Nice work on the neckline and I am sure you will wear it a lot. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is a staple that is comfortable.

      Delete
  2. Shirt is fantastic as is your whole outfit!!! I have never heard of this pattern but REALLY love the neckline! Good luck to your son and his team!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check KZJOstudio out. She has a great knit cardigan that whips up in a blast. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. The shirt looks great! I love tops like that that are so versatile. I recently stumbled upon your blog too. I remember that it stood out to me when I saw you are a scientist because my husband is a Physicist, and it makes him soooo good at helping me solve my sewing issues such as fit problems, etc. P.S. We love Mat Kearney too and have been listening to his new album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for Physics! I think your Sweet Shop Sewing is darling. I am loving Mat's new album.

      Delete
  4. The fit and color are great, and I think it will look awesome embroidered with your son's team name! You are going to be the coolest mom at the games! I also love your pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool mom points for me then! Thanks.

      Delete
  5. It's a nice to- - I like the neckband especially. I think the loose fit looks great especially with the leggings - and if you wear if for cheering, you have lots of room to stretch and move when you wave your arms in encouragement. You can also wear things underneath. In a thinner knit, I agree, a size smaller would be right. And don't forget, summer sewing is a little easier, so hopefully you will have the odd split nanosecond or two to fit some into the sports schedule :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since it was a test for the pattern, I figure it is a pretty good fit. It is roomy enough not to be annoying. Next one will sized down.

      You are right summer sewing is quick! Cannot wait for warmer weather.

      Delete
  6. Your red top is lovely! I love red... your red top should be matched up with my red cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Red top with red cardigan would be heaven!

      Delete
  7. I love the long sleeves on your top - they look great for hiding your hands in!! I also love the way you styled it - looks great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shirt! Wardrobe staples are always nice to have on hand. I love versatile patterns as well, so I'll have to check this one out!

    www.thegeekyseamstress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks -- versatile patterns are such a find.

      Delete
  9. Wey get you pattern testing- too right though such a fab sewist- that colour is just so you too and long rucked-up sleeves gets a big tick in my world. All-round fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think -- it makes my day! I will try to respond to each of them.

Annie