Merry Christmas!

Thursday, December 25, 2014

My apologies for the lack of content.  I've been sewing.  The end of the semester was a storm in a tea cup and then, the holiday season took over, I know, I know, excuses. Somehow time slipped by... but nonetheless, I have a few highlights:

1. I got a bad haircut.
2. My Singer needed some work.  We spent some time apart.
3. I splurged on a couple of Sewaholic patterns I have been lusting over.
4. Santa gave me a new laptop! (Woo-who!)
5. I traveled to New Orleans.
6. I added to my fabric stash.
7. I have made it a whole year without buying any new clothes with the RTW fast and I am ready for year number two!
8. I am ready to start the new year with a bang.

I will leave you with a picture of the Christmas dress I made (A "Make-it-Work-Moment"! and sorry for the bad lighting but it was an impromptu picture after the Christmas Vigil Mass yesterday) and a promise of a post with new content soon!




Lots of Merry Cheer --
Annie

 photo sig_zpsbfkxh0ji.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
8 Comments »

8 Responses to “Merry Christmas!”

  1. You definitely did make it work because the dress looks pretty from here! I'm ready for RTW fast #2 as well, although I'm contemplating allowing a minimal amount of purchases over the course of the year....haha, that sounds like an oxymoron. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand about minimal purchases -- I saw a couple of tops in a charity store and I almost caved! Hope you had a very merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. You did make it work - and it's so perfect for the occasion - you all look lovely.

    I'm glad you added to the stash - and purchased the patterns - sometimes when sewing time is thwarted, the inevitable stashing will happen. A safety valve reaction I think.

    The Bad Hair Cut will soon be a Bad Hair Memory :). Happy New Year, Annie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SarahLiz. Can't wait for the bad haircut to be a bad memory.

      Delete
  3. Annie, glad you are back.
    I can not see the bad hair cut. I think you look good :) Happy to know that you were busy, travelling and added the stash.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear from you. Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas,
    love, ette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ette -- hope you and yours had a merry merry Christmas!

      Delete

I love to hear what you think -- it makes my day! I will try to respond to each of them.

Annie