July Pre-lab and June Wrap-up

Sunday, July 6, 2014


My birthday was at the end of June and I was surrounded with love. I know this is late post but with the holiday in the States (July 4th), we have been busy and I needed a blogging break (not that I blog everyday mind you, but a break is always nice!).  On my birthday, I had a lovely barbecue with my family: sipped on sparkling Palomas, and ate delicious lime shrimp kebabs.  
 My boys got me the bestest gifts -- of course, they are sewing related:

1. Anna Dress Pattern By Hand London


                                                     Image via By Hand London

I want to make the maxi-version of this dress.  It looks perfect for summer and can transition into fall with a cardigan.  There is also so many fabulous Anna dresses and Anna dress hacks out there.  So much inspiration.....

2.  Brother 1034D Serger


I have been wanting this bad-boy for a while now.  I know it is not the ultimate serger but I don't care!!   It has good reviews on Amazon and easy threading.  Ummm, perfect pour moi.  I have already used it to make a birthday date-dress (yes, I know it is post birthday but we are waiting for things to settle down, summer camps to be over, and our sitter to be back in town.).  Woo-who: it speeds things up immensely.

3.  The final gift was not sewing related but awesome nonetheless:  A tattoo.  White ink on my left wrist with my guys names.

I was a bit nervous but conquered it.  Now I am inked and planning more...;)

I did get some sewing done in June but I was not as productive as I would have liked.  I planned to enter all The Monthly Stitch Indie Challenges but only managed one.  Therefore, July is going to be about finishing the things I have started.  There are a ridiculous amount of patterns cut and ready to be sewn.  I also have to get onto making some new kitchy work dresses.  The fall semester begins in the middle of August!!  

For July (I am one of those kinds of people who write lists - - it is cathartic to have it laid out!):
  • MAGAM: Solar System Dress Emery Dress
                                                 Image via Thousands of Bolts
  • Handmade by Heather's Sun Dress Sew Along: Polka Dot S2444 AKA The Birthday Date Dress.  This has been on my work table for the last week or so...It will be done and blogged soon. 
 
  • Skirt Fixation Challenge Create: Geometric Fabric (Check back soon!)
 
                              
  • TMS: Monochromatic -- this one is hard.  I need a cardi -- I may attempt the Swoon Cardigan again
Whew!  Well, I better get to it!

Happy Sewing --

Annie



 photo sig_zpsbfkxh0ji.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
14 Comments »

14 Responses to “July Pre-lab and June Wrap-up”

  1. Happy belated birthday! I have the same serger and love it; I don't know what I did before it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love, love, love the serger!!

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday! And a lovely tattoo you got! I know how the first tattoo makes you addicted to have more, I experienced exactly the same^^ (still waiting to get the second).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you. I don't really know if I am brave enough for another.

      Delete
  3. Whoo whoo you, what a post! firstly happy belated b'day - them palomas sound delicious...one on my list for when we break up in two weeks!! what fabarooney presents and how diverse, lovely tattoo afraid I'm far too much of a coward to ever have one, plus I have a strange squeamish phobia on belly buttons and wrists!!! Some cool sewing challenges - will be easy now you have a serger, enjoy :)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Palomas are so yummy (but I must admit that grapefruit is one of my favorite fruits/flavors!). I am loving the serger....Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday, Annie! Oh... you got so many sweet things on your birthday, I am so happy for you :) Can not wait for the new dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday!! It looks like you had a most wonderful one! I am glad you are liking your Brother serger. It really is a great machine! And a solar system dress!! I love that idea, and can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabric is somewhere is postal land right now. Fingers crossed it turns out. Thanks!!

      Delete
  7. Happy belated birthday Annie. Very impressive tat. Looks like are going to busy for a while with all you sewing plans I usually only think one sewing project ahead at a time. Your new serger is going to come in very handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am usually focused on one thing but it is summer and my creativity is surging! Thanks!

      Delete

I love to hear what you think -- it makes my day! I will try to respond to each of them.

Annie