My birthday was at the end of June and I was surrounded with love. I know this is late post but with the holiday in the States (July 4th), we have been busy and I needed a blogging break (not that I blog everyday mind you, but a break is always nice!). On my birthday, I had a lovely barbecue with my family: sipped on sparkling Palomas, and ate delicious lime shrimp kebabs.
My boys got me the bestest gifts -- of course, they are sewing related:
1. Anna Dress Pattern By Hand London
Image via By Hand London
I want to make the maxi-version of this dress. It looks perfect for summer and can transition into fall with a cardigan. There is also so many fabulous Anna dresses and Anna dress hacks out there. So much inspiration.....
2. Brother 1034D Serger
I have been wanting this bad-boy for a while now. I know it is not the ultimate serger but I don't care!! It has good reviews on Amazon and easy threading. Ummm, perfect pour moi. I have already used it to make a birthday date-dress (yes, I know it is post birthday but we are waiting for things to settle down, summer camps to be over, and our sitter to be back in town.). Woo-who: it speeds things up immensely.
3. The final gift was not sewing related but awesome nonetheless: A tattoo. White ink on my left wrist with my guys names.
I was a bit nervous but conquered it. Now I am inked and planning more...;)
I did get some sewing done in June but I was not as productive as I would have liked. I planned to enter all The Monthly Stitch Indie Challenges but only managed one. Therefore, July is going to be about finishing the things I have started. There are a ridiculous amount of patterns cut and ready to be sewn. I also have to get onto making some new kitchy work dresses. The fall semester begins in the middle of August!!
For July (I am one of those kinds of people who write lists - - it is cathartic to have it laid out!):
- MAGAM: Solar System Dress Emery Dress
- Handmade by Heather's Sun Dress Sew Along: Polka Dot S2444 AKA The Birthday Date Dress. This has been on my work table for the last week or so...It will be done and blogged soon.
- Skirt Fixation Challenge Create: Geometric Fabric (Check back soon!)
- TMS: Monochromatic -- this one is hard. I need a cardi -- I may attempt the Swoon Cardigan again
Happy Sewing --
share this on »