April Prelab

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I cannot believe that April is here.  Wow!  March was draining.  I lost two weekends because of travel.  Nonetheless, I completed a couple of projects (Coco and Tania). I wanted to sew more but am content with what I created.  As a bonus in March, my brother had a Nikon D80 that he was not using so he let me borrow it!  Fancy camera means better pictures.  I am so thrilled.

Hmmm, April plans...I got 'em.   I bought the Perfect Pattern Parcel #1.  It included some amazing patterns and some of the money went to help schools and education. The second Pattern Parcel is arriving soon.  The Lady Skater has been on my 'to-sew' list and as a bonus, I got pretty Ava.  I was pleasantly surprised by the other patterns included which means more scheming!

April Plans:
 
  • Little Lady Skater
Image of Taupe and Pink Ditsy Cheetah Cotton Jersey Knit 


My darling little niece turns eight this month and I promised her an awesome dress which none of her friends would have but all would want!  She picked out a cheetah print knit with hints of pink from Wanderlust Fabrics -- very stylish. 

  • Summer Concert Tee by Dixie DIY

This super cute cropped tee has that easy-breeziness about it.  It was included in the Parcel Pattern #1.  I spied a wonderful soft knit (pink - gah, I am so girly sometimes) in a remnant bin which fits the bill. 

  • The Monthly Stitch: Double Challenge
I am stumped.  Usually, I have too many ideas.  I have a creative block when thinking about this challenge.  As soon as I get more tracing paper, I want to trace out my Emery dress and maybe I'll make two!  All around the blogosphere are amazing versions of this dress.  It is my style -- girly with pockets and acceptable for work.  I also think the Lady Skater would work nicely as doubles.  But alas, I have not made either so this may be a daunting task.  Compounding that problem is that I need separetes -- i.e. blouses (I am really excited for Jennifer Lauren's Afternoon Blouse), so maybe another couple of Cocos.  *Sigh* Decisions, decisions.  I think this may be a last minute kind of challenge.
  
  • House of Pinheiro Name Tag
I don't quilt or embroidery but when Rachel from House of Pinheiro facilitated a name tag swap, I was down.  How fun!   I was paired with an amazing gal in Northern Ireland who sews and practices yoga.  Can't wait to make her a stylin' name tag!

I better get moving, er, I mean sewing!

Happy Stitches,
Annie
 

 photo sig_zpsbfkxh0ji.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
18 Comments »

18 Responses to “April Prelab”

  1. I too am at a loss for a double make for the monthly stitch. I can not wait to see your leopard lady skater; I love me some leopard! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Errr. It is a difficult challenge. Double!? I will have to pick something that I know I can complete -- that is why taking on new patterns makes me nervous.

      Leopard = fabulous!

      Delete
  2. Lovely fabrics and patterns. Can not wait to see the final garments :) Happy stitches and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like a busy month for you. I am excited about the Lady Skater dress. Also, your niece picked out some wonderful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the Lady Skater!

      Delete
  4. I do not envy you the travel - it's always so disruptive to sewing time :). I love both of these fabrics - how lovely to have a little girl to sew for. I adore the Dixie T - these loose little tops are great for letting the breeze in on a hot, sticky day. Good luck with all your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to travel but then it is exhausting. I have been a lazy seamstress this week, slowly getting back into the groove.

      Delete
  5. I'm so mad I missed out on PP#1! Darn it!! Can't wait to see your top made up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see your Summer Concert Tee out of that yummy color! I live in the Southern US too, and that little breezy top will be perfect for the hot, humid weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a little breeze (or any breeze!) can bring relief in the South! This fits that bill.

      Delete
  7. Double should be easy but I am also over thinking it.especially since I did not complete March yet. Make your Lady Skater and see how it goes. If you love it then make it again or go with a fast simple Coco.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great plans. Can't wait to see the finishes. Best of luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Annie, I just nominated you for a Liebster as well - but I see you already have one. Not to worry, I have fulfilled my part of the bargain! I'm off to read all about you now, on your Liebster post. Anyway, I better still officially nominate you : HelloAnnie, I hope you don't mind, but I have nominated you for a Liebster blog award - your blog is very lovely, and I am glad to have found it, and would love others to find it too. More about the award here - and you do not have to feel obliged to accept it. My post on this award is: http://sarahlizsewstyle.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/a-liebster-blog-award-thank-you-nakisha.html. d.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think -- it makes my day! I will try to respond to each of them.

Annie