March PreLab

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy Mardi Gras! In Louisiana, Mardi Gras is a celebrated season that begins in January. It revolves around food, parties, parades, drinks, and more.   As my Mardi Gras holiday ends tomorrow (which also means no more King Cake -- probably good for my waistline), now is as good of time as ever to plan sewing for March.

The clear winner of the Miss Bossy Pattern is the Tania Culottes!  Thank you to all who voted.  Here is my chosen fabric:

Makes me smile because it reminds me spring is on the way.  Warmer weather, flowers, bike rides, margaritas in the moonlight, barbecues, and a trip to Cincinnati to see my new niece!  I look forward to making the culottes.  I am not a fan of shorts but it is genius (total genius!) that the culottes look like a skirt.  







 
Let's not forget about the Shieldmaiden challenge:



Capes, tunics, shields, and swords -- this sounds like a play date from heaven for my seven year old son.  He will be ecstatic!  Maybe a cape?  Linen tunic?

And the Dolly Clackett dress celebration ?
This is the perfect excuse (as if I need one) to make a geek-goddess dress (science or math fabric!?! or should I go with the superheroes? or some kitschy fabric?)!


Or one with a vintage hankering can partake in Julia Bobbin's Mad Men Challenge:
Well, at least March will not be a boring month!  


Here are a couple of projects I am working on:
 
 
I have this nagging feeling I am being too ambitious but sew what!?! A girl can dream, plot and scheme -- and stay up late into the night sewing! 

Happy Stitching!
Annie

 photo sig_zpsbfkxh0ji.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
11 Comments »

11 Responses to “March PreLab”

  1. Well, I love your ambition, and hope it pays off! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I thought I was going to be busy! I seriously love that fabric. I can't wait to see those culottes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really only have three things on my plate -- it just seems like a lot with all the challenges. I always love to see what others sew up in challenges -- I am always astounded!

      Hope the culottes go better than the pants challenge!

      Delete
  3. I admire your optimism. Good luck with the plans. Maybe you can combine a couple of the challenges, although I don't guess anyone on Mad Men dressed like a Shield Maiden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my plan. Shield Maiden sounds fun if I have the time but I am not very good at costumes!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by -- just followed you on Bloglovin!

      Delete
  5. Love the fabric you picked for your culottes! The print is wonderful! I can't wait to see your other projects too!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am seriously behind schedule but Tilly's Coco is done (not blogged yet) and the culottes will be done tonite!! This means I can go fabric shopping for my geek dress!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think -- it makes my day! I will try to respond to each of them.

Annie