Liebster Award

Monday, March 31, 2014




Amanda from Wear.A.Wyatt nominated little ole' me for a Liebster Award.  Sharon Elle from Sewing Diet followed mere hours after.  Lovely ladies with lovely blogs.  Mucho gracias.  The origins of the award are somewhat hazy but from what I gather, it is there to promote new blogs and expose readers to other blogs!   It is a giant chain letter -- be warned -- I was never good at the chain letters that went around in email. 


Here are the questions Amanda and Sharon Elle proposed:

1. What made you start to blog?

I started my blog to share my sewing adventures and sort of have a place to be accountable for my growth in sewing.   I am not someone who sews and blogs all the time - - I work full-time, I am a mother and wife -- sewing is my fun!  I had read lots of blogs before and figured why not? I got something to say. I read a lot of blogs and most of them show these stellar stunning projects.  Again, I mess up regularly so I blog about the hits and those misses too.


2. What is your proudest sew & why?

Besides the moment when I realized my clothes didn't look like zombies had made them!?! Well, it would have to be the time I made my son a pair of trousers and a bow-tie for my brother's wedding. He looked adorable.  It made me proud because he loved it sooooo much.


3. Have/would you, considered a career involving sewing, if so, in what capacity?

Ooohhh -- sounds fun, but me?  Maybe in a parallel universe.

4. What would be the ultimate sewing challenge/make you dream of completing, Why? 

I have a 'to-sew' list that is a mile long and it grows by the day.  My dream would be to find perfect fabric for all my patterns, achieve the perfect fit, and have the time to do it all!  Then show off my hella-good looking clothes!

5What's the biggest faux par you've had with a sewing item? 

This happens quite regularly.  However, I did sew a tunic in a particular light blue with very light flowers printed on it.  My husband had a chuckle and did not want me to wear it out.  He pointed out it looked like a hospital gown. He is right -- it is a dead ringer for a hospital gown.   That did make me edit my eye for fabric choices from then on.  So now I ask, 'Will I look like a curtain?' or 'Will I look like a ....?'

5 Random Facts about me


  • I am a nerd and went to school for a very long time.  It took me almost seven years to get my PhD (Atmospheric Chemistry -- woot, woot!).  And guess where I am?! -- still at school!
  • I have traveled to 45 of the 50 states (and yes, my travels include Hawaii and Alaska).
  • I can ballroom dance.  Cha Cha Cha!
  • I read on average about 20,000 pages a year.
  • I don't watch TV but I do have a soft spot for British comedies (Absolutely Fabulous, The Vicar of Dibley) and drama/crime shows (Sherlock, Midsomer Murder, Inspector Morse, Monarch of the Glen).
Here are my 5 nominees I admire and the questions I am interested in:

Lauren from Lady Sewalot.  
Inge from IngeMaakt
Elaine from What Diana Did Next
Tracy from Tracy Sews Happy

1.  Why/how did you choose the name of your blog?
2.  What fashion icon do you take inspiration from?
3.  What is the most difficult fabric you have worked with?
4.  What is your proudest sewing moment?
5.  What is your least favorite thing about sewing?

Cheers!
Annie

 photo sig_zpsbfkxh0ji.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
17 Comments »

17 Responses to “Liebster Award”

  1. I love that you now ask "Will it look like a curtain?" before you sew something! It does help to be thoughtful about what you sew, I have learned that the hard way too. It's neat that you have been to 45 of the 50 states. Any favorites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like GA (I lived in ATL for a long time). Annette beat me to the punch at nominating you!! Love your blog and comments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I love blogging, so it is awesome that you thought of me!

      Delete
  3. Love your responses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked yours also! Your questions were fantastic!

      Delete
  4. Yeah, what brilliant answers- A PhD in Atmospheric Chemistry!!!!- impressive, WELL impressive

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw you had been nominated twice while I was trying to decide on who to nominate. The thought of the hospital gown made me laugh. We live near a hospital and often see people walking down the street in their gowns. They can't smoke on the hospital grounds so they have to walk to the sidewalk along the street to smoke. I was imagining someone walking proudly in her recent make checking to see if anyone noticed that she had made it and might comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I saw the nomination! Oh -- the tunic was shapeless and light blue -- hospital gown chic!

      Delete
  6. Wooo thank you :) I laughed out loud at the thought of you in your hospital gown as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also live in fear of looking like a curtain! At least my hubby is honest (and has taste!).

      Delete
  7. Hello Annie Thank you so much for nominating me. I'm chuffed to bits that you enjoy my blog (as I do yours). I have posted the answers to your questions on my blog. http://www.tracysewshappy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you Annie -these awards are like chain emails. I actually have a sign on my blog saying no more blog awards, but I think Nakisha genuinely likes my blog, so I thought I would make an exception. I enjoyed finding out more about you though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was fun -- very uncharacteristic of me!

      Delete
  9. Love the answers! A well deserved award!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Annie! I have very belatedly answered your questions :) http://whatdianadidnext.wordpress.com/2014/06/12/liebster/ x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think -- it makes my day! I will try to respond to each of them.

Annie