Sew Weekly Reunion

Sunday, August 4, 2013


The Sew Weekly Reunion challenge is posted and I am excited.


The Sew Weekly Reunion


The Pantone challenge: this seasons colors are rich, jewel-toned, and earthy.  The direction one could take is endless.   As soon as I read the challenge, I looked through my fabric stash but nothing is inspiring me.  I have a  couple of patterns I want to sew but these will required the right fabric.  The right fabric for me is both visually and texturally appealing.  I am always wondering through the fabric store touching visually interesting fabrics.  If it feels yucky then nothing, not even the color or pattern, can convenience me it is worth it.  I can spend a lot of time in my little fabric store.

 



I traced and cut two patterns this week but didn't get to sew.  I planned to work on the muslins of these dresses however life gets busier once the semester draws closer.  But I did score at an Estate Sale this week -- vintage fabric and notions! For $10, I purchased a new Simplicity Bias Tape Maker which will come in handy with my sewing project this week.


On my sewing table this week is Butterick's 4790 Walk-Away Dress.  It has gotten some bad flack but I think it has potential.  There are some really cute versions that ladies have done: here, here, and here.




Here's to a good week of sewing!





This is what my wonderful swap partner sent.  It is perfect.

 photo sig_zpsbfkxh0ji.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
COMMENT ME: »

Leave a Reply

I love to hear what you think -- it makes my day! I will try to respond to each of them.

Annie