Parsley Pants

Wednesday, June 12, 2013


We have a couple of weddings to attend in July.  Somehow I got it stuck in my head that I would make a dress for myself and my son's pants.   Not that difficult of an undertaking -- challenge, yes but impossible, no!  Being that it is summer, you would think I have much more time to focus on projects but I severely underestimated my motivation, my workload, and my ability to whip out projects.  




I was able to complete  Made by Rae's Parsley Pants.   I went with size 4 as my little guy has a small waist but I had to add 2 inches to the length in order to accommodate his height.  His favorite color is yellow so he demanded a yellow pair of pants.

Here is the finished product:





I appreciate Rae's pattern as it is straightforward and I love the variations.  I also love that fact that it is a pattern for a boy.  There are soooooo many patterns for little girls and Rae's "Celebrate the Boy" is right up my alley.  I am already planning school pants for him and a couple of whimsical pairs (Star Wars Tuxedo stripes or Avengers pockets!).  He has asked for kneepads and pockets.

The other requested item was a matching bow-tie.  I found this excellent tutorial and the bow-tie came together in little time.   





And to top it off, I opened my email and found that Collette Patterns has a pattern for men's neckties for free!  I think I found my next project. Or maybe I should focus on something for me....

 photo sig_zpsbfkxh0ji.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
COMMENT ME: »

Leave a Reply

I love to hear what you think -- it makes my day! I will try to respond to each of them.

Annie