Hmmmm, first post, lots of pressure

Saturday, June 8, 2013

What do you say on the very first post?  A blank page is a lot of pressure...and with so many incredible sewing blogs out there -- even more pressure.

Whew! Maybe I should explain the title of my blog and the reason I am going to blog - yeah, that seems like a good place to start.  

An enantiomer is a chemistry term (I am a chemistry nerd so I figured why not?) for a stereoisomer who has a mirror image. They are two molecules that look similar, so much so that when you compare them, they are mirror images of each other.  By now you are probably like *yawn* but it is really simple. Put your hands together in a prayer position:  the hands look the same together but when you open your hands they are different.  I have to be honest that I have loved this idea since I took Dr. Flower's organic chemistry.  I always thought it would be a fabulous name for a DJ album in which you had the original song and the remixed version.

I like to think of those enantiomers when it comes to my sewing projects.   I want my garments to look like the picture on the pattern or in the book but not so literal.  In reality, the end result will turn out to be my own mirror image with my little signature.  And this blog, well, it's kind of like my lab notebook of sewing projects: all of the materials, procedures, and final products.

First project:  Made by Rae Parsley pants  and matching bow-tie for my little man.

Material: Yellow Seersucker chosen by my little one

Music: Get Lucky, Daft Punk 

Drink: Big glass of red wine or maybe a cup of sencha

Cross your fingers, let the adventure begin!

 photo sig_zpsbfkxh0ji.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
3 Comments »

3 Responses to “Hmmmm, first post, lots of pressure”

  1. Good luck with your blog and I will look in when I do my rounds of the sewing blogs that I really love. PS: I live in Brisbane , Australia and just love to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! I'm a chemistry nerd also, and I was totally drawn in by the name. I'll be adding you to my list of favourite crafty science bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize how many crafty science bloggers were out there! Nice to know we can be smart and crafty too... :)

      Delete

I love to hear what you think -- it makes my day! I will try to respond to each of them.

Annie